An Exercise in Writing Metaphors: Complete the sentences to make your own metaphors.
1. The moon is a big silver medal.
2. Freckles are small red seeds when they spread across your face.
3. His arms were sausages as they lifted the heavy chair.
4. The stars are small diamond as they twinkle in the night sky.
5. The storm was a big monster as it clawed against my window.
6. The freshly mowed lawn was a huge green sea.
7. The noisy children were a group of dinosaurs as they raced through the museum.
8. I was a quiet thief as I tiptoed across the wooden floor.
9. The river was a big tornado as it twisted and turned down the mountain.
10. His cheeks were two big red apple as he chewed the giant wad of bubble gum.